University Counseling Office
Overseas College and University Counseling
With the help of the University Counseling Unit, our class of 2019 scored an unprecedented amount of funding (1,428,605 USD) for their studies.
Our University Counseling Unit continually strives to improve its services to ensure college and career readiness.
Our students benefit from:
College fairs and visits from world-class colleges/universities (Yale University, Columbia University, Duke University, Brandeis University, Northeastern University) NACAC (National Association for College Admission Counseling) membership & resources CIS (Council of International Schools) membership & resources As increased number of individual meetings with students/parents.
Our college and university counseling office aims to help students and parents make informed decisions about studying abroad. Our goal is to help students find the college or university that matches their interests, ambitions, aspirations, mindsets, and attitudes. Family budgets and circumstances, as well as academic achievements and leadership potential, will also be taken into consideration. As there are many other variables that influence the decision-making process, we are here to discuss each case individually and offer our advice and solutions accordingly.
Support and guidance will be provided to our 9th-12th grade students and their parents in the following areas:
Encouraging them to excel in their academics and achieve a high standard according to individual abilities.
Providing support with their extracurricular activities.
Organizing Individual sessions for parents and students to design a feasible plan during the application period.
Providing Information about standardized tests that are required by universities.
Offering information sessions for university and program selection.
Providing in-depth support and guidance during the application process.
Offering workshops and individual sessions on writing personal essays, personal statements, and supplement letters.
Running a series of workshops and seminars on career planning and major selection (February-June).
Georgian University Counseling
Our goal is to assist students in choosing the right career path. For this reason, we do the following:
- Based on students’ interests, we invite people who are accomplished in their professional lives to the European School.
- We collaborate with various universities and invite their representatives to school to deliver presentations about their programs;
- We keep our students informed about the dates of university open days and information sessions;
- Special attention is given to preparing students for the final Computerized Adaptive Testing (CAT). We offer additional classes and conduct pretest sessions;
- We provide 12th graders with the preparatory courses;
- We provide 12th graders with a National Exam preparatory course in General Skills in the second semester.
- We create test banks in different subjects.
In addition, we have a tradition of organizing meetings where our alumni meet with our current students to share their vision and experiences regarding university life.
|Overseas University Counselor
|Georgian University Counseling
|Assistant Overseas University Counselor