STEM PROGRAM MANAGER
The European School was founded in 2007, and since 2009 the School is an authorized by IB World School and offers a full educational program in English from Kindergarten to Grade 12. The International Baccalaureate Section follows the PYP, MYP and DP curricula. The American High School (AHS) was founded in September 2016. AHS adopted the full USA Curriculum from 8th to 12th Grade. The European School currently enrolls about 730 children in 3 sections (The Georgian Section, The IB Section, and the American High School Section).
The European School in Tbilisi is seeking for a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) Program Manager beginning in January 2018.
The STEM Program Manager will work closely with, and report to the Academic Director of the European School and be responsible for all aspects of all STEM goals and related tasks and Innovation, ensuring that standards of excellence are set and maintained in every area.
The STEM Manager will collaborate with the Academic Director, academic departments, and teachers to plan, organize, and promote interdisciplinary STEM activities and expanded learning opportunities through the integration of successful strategies and multiple technologies.
This position will also promote high-tech learning, which will ensure that students gain the necessary edge to compete and succeed in the 21-century rapidly developed world.
This position will encourage parent involvement in student learning through open house, volunteering, parent/teacher conferences, etc., and will promote good community relations among all stakeholders.
The scope of responsibility for the STEM Program Manager includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Designs and implements comprehensive and on-going STEM program that aligns with the expectations set forth by the European School;
- Effectively designs and leads programs for elementary, middle and high school students;
- Collaborates with all staff and manages to develop and implement activities on the lessons, after school, during school vacations, day and extended summer programming, and multi-week formats.
- Facilitates collaborations with other youth programs or schools;
- Assists with the inventory purchasing and maintenance of STEM equipment;
- Participates in long range calendar and operational planning discussions to ensure the effective scheduling of STEM programs and initiatives;
- Develops detailed project plans to support the successful development, implementation and execution of STEM programs and initiatives;
- Develops, presents and implements STEM professional development plan for teachers by using best practices and research-based instructional methods;
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Qualities and Qualifications
- At least a Master’s Degree or equivalent in the relevant fields;
- Relevant educational experience minimum 2-3 years;
- Teaching experience in one of the subjects will be an advantage in selection process;
- Experience in Project Management;
- Relevant managerial experience minimum 2-3 years;
- Knowledge of Georgian and English Languages is a must;
- Ability and Experience of coaching/training for Academic and Administrative Staff;
- Strong organizational and people-management skills;
- An open-mind with the ability to adapt and be flexible;
- A high level of skill as a listener and a communicator;
- A result-oriented leadership style that inspires others towards team building and success.
Contest will be held in two parts:
First part – Review of the required documentation. Choice will be made based on CVs.
Second part – Interview; For the second part chosen candidates will be required to present the following documents:
- Required documents: CV (in English), copy of Diploma(s), Certificates, References (at least 2) with name, position and contact information of referee.
- Candidate will be requested to make presentation on her/his vision of challenges and ways to be successful on the applied position.
Application Procedure: Interested applicants should send CV with photo by e-mail to the following email address: email@example.com
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for further recruitment process:
- Shortlisted candidates will be timely notified and invited for interviews.