High-quality education provides all learners with a balanced set of skills that prepares them for life, leads them to empowerment and is structured to realize the potential of each child in a nurturing environment. Leading through innovation, pursuing excellence, growing by learning and global and digital citizenship; with these values, we encourage independent and collaborative learning and empower students to embrace responsibility. Students at ES learn to celebrate diversity in a spirit of understanding and tolerance that helps them become citizens of the world.
The goals of the Language and Literature Department are based on the priorities of the national educational program and the International Baccalaureate programs.
Language is fundamental to the development of critical thinking, communicative, and learning skills which are essential for developing intercultural understanding, as well as for becoming internationally-minded and responsible members of local, national, and global communities.
The aims of the Language and Literature Department are to:
- Encourage students to use language for thinking, creativity, reflection, learning, self-expression, analysis, and social interaction
- Develop listening, speaking, reading, writing, viewing, and oral presentation skills
- Develop critical, creative, and personal approaches to studying and analyzing literary and non-literary texts
- Develop respect for, and understanding of, diverse linguistic and cultural heritages
- Develop a lifelong interest in reading
- Foster curiosity, inquiry, and a lifelong interest in, and enjoyment of, language learning.
The Language and Literature Department includes Language Acquisition Curse (English, German, French, Russian, Spain) The aims of the teaching and learning of language acquisition are to:
- develop the student’s communication skills necessary for further language learning, and for study, work and leisure in a range of authentic contexts and for a variety of audiences and purposes
- equip students with the necessary multiliteracy skills and attitudes, enabling them to communicate successfully in various global contexts and build intercultural understanding.
The Department of Sciences consists of three branches: Physics, Biology and Chemistry. The Department provides students with a dynamic, student-oriented educational experience and supports the enhancement of quality of teaching via pedagogical approaches and technologies. In the labs, which are in accordance with modern standards, students are given an opportunity to get involved in individual scientific research and come up with individual projects, which will help them overcome the challenges of the rapidly changing world, and become more responsible and intelligent human beings.
The goals of the Department are as follows:
Help students develop critical thinking skills
Teach them how to collect scientific data, formulate a hypothesis, and plan and conduct experiments
Help them develop the skills of analysis and evaluation of scientific information
Help students acquire and, most importantly, apply their knowledge and skills in real life
Help students comprehend the importance of cooperation and partnership
Help students develop skills for self-evaluation and self-control and an ability to listen to and evaluate different opinions in order to be able to fully integrate into society
The goal of the Department of Social Sciences is based on the priorities of the national educational program and the International Baccalaureate programs. It serves the purpose of raising international awareness among the students.
The process of teaching and learning in a multicultural environment should be in accordance with local culture, as well as aware of the diverse cultures of the world. That is why it is essential to understand the importance of gaining knowledge and experiences in the rapidly changing world, since the approaches related with acquiring and using knowledge change alongside scientific discoveries, economic changes and cultural development. Modern human beings should be ready to pursue new knowledge as the challenges that face them evolve.
The Department of Social Sciences encourages students to develop the knowledge and skills that are crucial for becoming open-minded and responsible citizens. The Department is focused on providing high-quality learning, teaching and development of civic consciousness and cultural legacy.
Learning about history and social sciences helps students develop:
• An understanding of their responsibility regarding the interests of the state, traditions and values
• Digital literacy and the skills to use technologies actively and effectively.
Students grow accustomed to critical thinking, learn how to observe human experiences and behaviors and identify their roots within physical, economic, political, and social environments; they also discover the historical development of social and cultural institutions.
The goal of the Department of Social Sciences is to help students continuously develop their abilities and interests throughout their course of life and execute them to the fullest extent while remaining law-abiding, tolerant citizens, both in their native country as well as abroad.
Taking its characteristics into account, teaching math allows us to develop within students the traits which are of crucial importance to modern human beings: being inquisitive, knowledgeable, thoughtful, communicative, principled, open-minded, caring, risk-taking, balanced and intelligent.
One of the necessary preconditions of effective teaching is detecting the problem, conducting a comprehensive analysis, planning rationally and then implementing efficient measures.
Therefore, the goal of the Department is not to teach math for its own sake, but to teach math as an essential tool for solving real problems in real and varied situations.
Problem-oriented teaching methods are being put in place which are an innovation in the Georgian educational field and allow students to become full-fledged citizens of the 21st century.
Successful implementation of the action plan of the Department of Mathematics is based on cooperation with our qualified team. The team is responsible for successful results of the students, both on the national and international level; the team encourages interested students and helps them successfully participate in various conferences and Olympiads which constitutes an important accomplishment for their future life.
By using the most recent digital technologies, it has become possible for everyone to access quality education. Through providing lessons in ICT, Computer Science and Robotics, the Department of Innovative Technologies is focused on improving the quality of teaching, merging and universalizing the different educational programs which are provided at school in accordance with the main strategic plan.
After having learned ICT, Computer Science, and Robotics, the students will:
• Improve their knowledge in different fields of science and technology
• Become capable of using theoretical knowledge while solving various problems that arise in life
• Overcome those challenges that the rapidly changing, technology-oriented 21st-century offers
Students learn to use technologies safely and rationally; they also realize the moral, ethical, social, economic and ecological importance of using them.
The Department of Information and Communication Technologies aims at raising individuals who are capable of using technological accomplishments effectively, who will behave as law-abiding citizens both in real and digital worlds and will be able to find, save, manage, process, analyze and evaluate information in order to subsequently make independent decisions and create their own technological product for the purposes of solving real-life problems.
The current Programming and Robotics clubs contribute to fulfilling these goals within the school. Interested students are given an opportunity to attend these clubs after the classes are over.
The goal of the Art Department is to create an appealing learning atmosphere where students explore the diverse world of art. Our mission is to engage, challenge, and motivate students to approach the study of art with intellectual rigor and substantial practice. With a flexible program and a pedagogical vision that integrates new technologies, our department will provide a transformative and fruitful educational space for our students.
Our curriculum allows students and teachers to initiate innovative projects that involve high levels of creative experimentation, active communication, self-evaluation and critical inquiry.
One of our objectives is also to promote visual literacy, an understanding of the historical importance and the continued relevance of visual art in material culture.
The Art Department aims to prepare students to:
• Study art in a historical, intellectual, and cultural context
• Inquire into art and visual culture from diverse socio-historical contexts and multiple traditional perspectives
• Recognize the importance of the artist in influencing cultural practices through creative actions
• Engage in interdisciplinary procedures as a way to make connections between other areas subjects
• Balance theoretical and contextual research with creative practice
• Develop skills of experimentation, refinement, critique and presentation
• Develop a wide-ranging worldview that values different cultural perspectives and traditions
Sports are an essential part of our curriculum. Regular physical activity keeps students healthy and fit and allows them to develop lifelong healthy habits. Through sports classes, students are able to take a break from the traditional classroom environment, improve their physical and mental stamina, and form a determined and cooperative character.
In addition to helping students become stronger and healthier, sports allow students to learn how to cooperate and work as a member of a team.
The goals of the Sports Department are to:
• Engage everyone
• Promote a healthy lifestyle
• Teach physical literacy to children
• Find suitable and engaging activities for everyone