University Counseling Office
Overseas College and University Counseling
As students start planning their university career, they are guided by our highly qualified Overseas University Counselor. Our University Counseling Unit helps students get accepted and funded by top universities around the world.
With the help of the University Counseling Unit, our class of 2019 scored an unprecedented amount of funding ($1,428,605 USD) for their studies. In 2020, university scholarships awarded to our graduates equaled 1, 625, 470 USD.
Our students have been accepted by leading universities: USC, Georgia Tech, Brown University, Emory University, UCLA, NYU, Yale, King’s College London, UCL, Sciences Po, University of Amsterdam, etc.
Our University Counseling Unit continually strives to improve its services to ensure college and career readiness through:
- College fairs and visits from top colleges/universities (Yale University, Columbia University, Duke University, Brandeis University, Northeastern University)
- NACAC (National Association for College Admission Counseling) membership & resources
- CIS (Council of International Schools) membership & resources
- An increased number of individual meetings with students/parents
Overseas University Counselor meets with students regularly to help them strategically design and plan the application process according to their aspirations, skills, and financial circumstances. In the process, students become more aware of the trends in international education and are better able to make informed decisions in their final year.
The Overseas University Counselor supports and guides our students in grades 9-12 and their parents by:
- Encouraging them to excel in their academics and achieve a high standard according to individual abilities
- Organizing individual sessions for parents and students to design a feasible plan for the application period
- Providing information about the standardized tests that are required by universities for admission consideration
- Offering information sessions for university and program selection
- Providing in-depth support and guidance during the application process
- Offering workshops and individual sessions on writing personal essays, personal statements, supplement letters, and advice on meeting other criteria for admission consideration
Georgian University Counseling
To help our students choose the right career path, we:
- Invite representatives from Georgian universities to organize college fairs and deliver presentations on study programs
- Inform students about university open days and information sessions
- Encourage students to attend classes at Georgian universities
- Support students to prepare for university entrance exams (extra classes, pretests, etc.)
- Create electronic test banks
- Invite guest speakers with highly successful careers
Every year we celebrate Alumni Day when our graduates meet with current students and share their college experience.
|Overseas University Counselor