The goal of Language and Literature Department is based on the priorities of the national educational program and the programs of International Baccalaureate.
Language is fundamental to develop critical thinking, communicative and learning skills, which is essential for the cultivation of intercultural understanding, as well as for becoming internationally minded and responsible members of local, national and global communities.
Aims of Language and Literature Department are:
• to encourage students to use language for thinking, creativity, reflection, learning, self-expression, analysis and social interaction;
• to develop the listening, speaking, reading, writing, viewing and oral presentation skills;
• to develop critical, creative and personal approaches to studying and analyzing literary and non-literary texts;
• to develop a respect for, and understanding of, diverse linguistic and cultural heritages;
• to develop a lifelong interest in reading;
• to foster curiosity, inquiry and a lifelong interest in, and enjoyment of, language learning.
The Department of Sciences consists of three directions: Physics, Biology and Chemistry. The Department provides students with a dynamic, student-oriented educational process and supports the enhancement of quality of teaching via using pedagogical approaches and technologies. In the labs, that are in accordance with modern standards, students are given an opportunity to get involved in individual scientific researches and come up with individual projects, which will help them overcome the challenges of the rapidly changing world, become more responsible and intellectual human beings.
The goals of the Department are as follows:
- Help students develop critical thinking skills;
- Teach them how to collect scientific data, formulate hypothesis, plan and conduct an experiment;
- Help them develop the skills of analysis and evaluation of scientific information;
- Help students acquire and most importantly, apply their knowledge and skills in real life.
- Help students comprehend the importance of cooperation and partnership.
- Help students develop skills for self-evaluation and self-control and an ability to listen to and evaluate different opinions in order to be able to fully integrate into the society.
The goal of the Department of Social Sciences is based on the priorities of the national educational program and the programs of international Baccalaureate. It serves the purpose of raising international awareness among the students.
The process of teaching and learning in multicultural environment should be in accordance with the culture where the student lives in, as well as with the other societies, various and different cultures of the surrounding world. That is why it is essential to understand, and subsequently, realize the importance of gaining knowledge and experiences in the rapidly changing world, since the approaches related with acquiring and using knowledge change right behind the scientific discoveries, economic changes and cultural development. Modern human beings should be ready to renew their knowledge in agreement with the challenges that exist in the world.
The Department of Social Sciences encourages students to gain knowledge and skills that are crucial for becoming open-minded and responsible citizens. The Department is highly focused on providing high quality of learning and teaching, and development of civil consciousness and cultural legacy.
Learning history and social sciences helps students develop:
- Skills for comprehending their responsibility regarding the interests of the state, traditions and values;
- The skill for using digital technologies actively and effectively.
The students grow accustomed to critical thinking, learn and observe human experiences and behaviors determined by their physical, economic, political and social environment; they also get acquainted with the historical development of the social and cultural institutions.
The goal of the Department of Social Sciences is to help students continuously develop their abilities and interests throughout their course of life and execute them to the fullest extent and remain law-abiding, tolerant citizens, both in their native country as well as abroad.
Taking its characteristics into account, teaching math is focused on developing traits that is of crucial importance to modern human being: being an inquirer, knowledgeable, thinker, communicator, principled, open-minded, caring, risk-taker, balanced and intelligent.
One of the necessary preconditions of effective teaching is detecting the problem, conducting comprehensive analysis, planning rationally and then implementing efficient measures.
Therefore, the goal of the Department is not teaching math for math’s sake only, but to teach math as a crucial tool for solving any real problem anywhere, in any situation.
In order to fulfill the abovementioned, problem-oriented teaching methods are being put in place which constitute an innovation in Georgian educational field on one hand, and allow students to become full-fledged citizens of the 21st century.
Successful implementation of action plan of the Department of Mathematics is based on cooperation within the qualified team. The team is responsible for successful results of the students, both on national and international level; the team encourages interested students and helps them successfully participate in various conferences and Olympiads, which, on one hand, constitutes an important accomplishment for their future life.
By using the most recent digital technologies, it has become possible for everyone to access quality education always and everywhere. That is why the Through providing the lessons of ICT, Computer Science and Robotics, Department of Innovative Technologies is focused on improving the quality of teaching, merging and universalizing different educational programs which are provided at school in accordance with the main strategic plan.
After having learned ICT, Computer Science, and Robotics, the students will:
- Improve their knowledge in different fields of science and technology;
- Become capable of using theoretical knowledge while solving various problems that arise in life;
- Overcome those challenges that rapidly changing, technology-oriented 21st century offers.
Students learn using technologies not only safely and rationally, but they also realize the moral, ethical, social, economical and ecological importance of using them.
Department of Information and Communication Technologies aims at raising individuals who are capable of using technological accomplishments effectively, who will behave as law abiding citizens both in real and digital worlds and will be able to find, save, manage, process, analyze and evaluate information in order to subsequently make independent decisions and create their own technological product for the purposes of solving real-life problems.
The existent Programming and Robotics clubs contributes to fulfilling these abovementioned goals within the school. Interested students are given an opportunity to attend these clubs after the classes are over.
Department of Arts